Monday, October 25, 2010

Weeping in the Rain Series


This series is one of my favorites to paint. They are painted entirely from dripped acrylic and liquid leaf, with drips of metallic gold and bronze. This was the first one I did, took a total of three months to complete and over 70 layers of dripped paint. I finished it last summer. I was living at my grandmothers house when I was working on this painting, one night she came downstairs and exclaimed, "What did you to to that pretty canvas?!?" That's when I knew I was on the right track :)


One of the reasons I LOVE working with liquid leaf is how it reflects in different light. In day light it shimmers like a metallic, and becomes transparent showing the layers underneath. In artificial light it becomes darker and if it is thick enough it will dry still looking like wet paint.


This was the next one, 30x40 canvas acrylic, liquid leaf and a whole lot of bronze and gold :) This one can be found at Artworks Gallery.


This one I called Remember When It is 18x36" on canvas. It can be found at Casa Home Decor in Vancouver.


This painting measures 36x36" on canvas. I love how abstract this one is, the weeping willow tree is barley visible. This one can also be found at Artworks Gallery in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment